Climb and Maintain ...

The flying adventures of a software engineer in the Pacific Northwest.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Back in the Arrow

Today I was back in the Cherokee Arrow practicing for my single engine commercial ticket. We did steep spirals, eights-on-pylons, power-off 180's, and some landing practice. Things went pretty well; I think I'm doing OK on the maneuvers, but they still need some finessing. During the week I'll hopefully be able to go after work on my own to practice some of these.

Some joking was happening on the frequency after landing: the tower at Paine Field actually asked us to make a short approach because they had traffic on final. We did, and it gave me one more chance at a power-off 180 (which I landed slightly short, yikes!) Tower actually said "thanks for your help today," to which I replied "no problem, it's helping me with my commercial." They laughed, and said "good luck!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home