Climb and Maintain ...

The flying adventures of a software engineer in the Pacific Northwest.

Friday, October 20, 2006

The Arrow is Back!

Great news! The Arrow is back on the flight line, although the engine still needs to be fully broken in. As a result, the FBO wants to avoid rapid temperature changes to the engine, so we're restricted from practicing some of the commercial maneuvers like power-off landings, stalls, and pattern work. But, I'm told that other maneuvers that require more constant power, e.g., chandelles, steep turns, lazy eights, and eights on pylons, can be done! Since I'm anxious to get back to the commercial training, and since the weather this weekend is looking quite good, I've postponed my DA-20 checkout in favor of getting back on track with my commercial license!! Stay tuned for a report on how I'm doing after a 3 month hiatus from the maneuvers. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home