Climb and Maintain ...

The flying adventures of a software engineer in the Pacific Northwest.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Friday Harbor Again

Up to Friday Harbor again, this time with another first-time small plane flyer. Fortunately the air was quite smooth today with good visibility throughout the route, so they got to see some scenery around the San Juans. On the way back, we went up to Orcas Island and then turned West to fly around the western edge of San Juan Island. You could see Victoria quite well in the (short) distance. In fact, Victoria is probably 10 more minutes of flight time from Friday Harbor! I've got to go there at some point...

I can say that I learn as much about the scenery from passengers as I do by watching it myself. My friend pointed out that the ground around the San Juans is mostly yellow, meaning that there is not much greenery except for the trees. I've never paid attention to that, but I guess it's true: even with the copious rain we get here in the Northwest, it's still not enough to keep the grass shining green everywhere.

Not much in terms of eventfulness on this flight, except that it was exceptionally busy at KFHR today. I don't think I've ever seen it that busy - when we were walking back to the airport, planes were taking off one after another, kind of like jets do when they depart a busy hub!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home