Climb and Maintain ...

The flying adventures of a software engineer in the Pacific Northwest.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fun Flight, Helpful Controllers

This evening, I took a couple of our interns from work on a sightseeing flight - over Lake Sammamish, down to the Mount Rainier area, over to Tacoma Narrows, and back up to Paine Field. I was surprised on this flight: the controllers were extremely friendly. I've never gotten such friendly approach controllers before. I was cleared through all the Class Bravo airspace I wanted, and on the way back, the controllers worked me around traffic to let me see the Seattle skyline closer, and even fly over the north portion of downtown at 2,500 feet -- even though SeaTac was landing on runways 16, and there was incoming jet traffic on final. Wow! We then proceeded northbound over Lake Union and Greenlake. The kids (eh, interns) loved it! This was by far the best sightseeing tour of Seattle that I have ever done.

1.6 hours in the airplane, and we got beautiful shots of Rainier, downtown Seattle, and we finished it off with runway 16R lights at high intensity, complete with the "rabbit". :-) Hopefully the photos will come out well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home