Climb and Maintain ...

The flying adventures of a software engineer in the Pacific Northwest.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Commercial License: Not Meant To Be

My commercial license work seems to be delayed, again. I guess I'm starting to believe those American Flyers printed adverts that say "whoever said it was always something... must have been taking flight training." If I'm not sick, the instructor is sick, if we're both not sick, the plane is reserved for the whole weekend by someone, and if it's not that, then someone lands the plane without putting the gear down...

The Arrow was originally scheduled to be back on the flight line on September 1, but alas, there seems to be a problem with the engine mounts, and the latest word is "it probably won't be back on the line by 9/1." That's a double whammy. First, because I had the plane already reserved for 9/1 (we get the day off in the office for an office move!), as well as for some subsequent weekends. Second, I think September is probably my last chance to get the commercial done before the weather in the Northwest worsens for good -- and I can see it worsening almost every day as I look out the window... :-(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't worry so much, the weather in PNW does not get that bad until November-December. I did the checkride for my private certificate at the end of October and there were more good weekends after that. You're quite close to the checkride, I doubt that you'll need more than a week or two once the Arrow is back in the friendly skies. ;) Oh, meanwhile... have you gotten your computer test out of the way?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Seattle Pilot said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement! :-) So I haven't really taken the written yet; I need to go and do that ASAP. Maybe I'll use my day off on Friday to go and get that out of the way!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home